Our Beliefs (Doctrine)
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God. Therefore, our ministry emphasizes the exposition of God’s Word from Genesis to Revelation, line upon line, precept upon precept.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in His Virgin Birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential, and that repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is the only way to come into a relationship with God.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life; we further believe His power and gifts are available to believers today.
- We believe it is important to uphold the scriptural practices of the early church. Therefore, we hold to the practice of water baptism and the regular taking of Communion. We do not believe that either of these practices is essential for salvation, but that they serve as a demonstration of our living faith in Christ.
- WIN – We believe that we have been called to win people to Christ. “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15
- DISCIPLE – We believe that once saved, all believers have the responsibility of becoming true disciples, followers of Christ, in every aspect of life. This is a process that involves learning and maturation, and we as a church provide many opportunities to help all believers grow in their faith. “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 18:19-20.
- SEND – We also believe that we have the responsibility to grow the kingdom of God by spreading His gospel of grace within our neighborhood, our city, and our world. We do this by placing a focus on missions, both locally and internationally. “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.